SEO is based on complex alogrithms but ranking high in the search engines is a great way to get more visible and found by a flood of new patients!
Over 50% of your Google+ Local listing optimization is based on the SEO of your website couple that with the fact that if you SEO your website properly it will rank in all the other search engines as well.
In this in-depth SEO training blog post series you will learn how to rank your medical website high in Google post the latest Google Penguin and Panda updates.
Some background information…
Google still controls about 66% of the search market therefore this SEO training is geared towards Google since the other search engines still follow it’s lead.
Now over the last year Google has had 2 major updates to it’s search algorithm. In fact, these updates were so riveting to so many small businesses’ that relied the search giant for free traffic from keyword rankings that the Wall Street Journal even wrote a couple articles about the devastation these updates caused to their businesses (WSJ 1 and WSJ 2).
These 2 updates dubbed Penguin and Panda, basically told those in the SEO profession:
The way you have been implementing SEO for the last 10 years is now wrong and our algorithm is so advanced that we will severely penalize any website that employs these old tactics by eliminate their keyword rankings. And on the flip side we will reward websites that are following the rules with an increase in keyword rankings and traffic.
|Traffic Loss:||Traffic Gain:|
The picture on the left illustrates the pain medical practices and small business’ a like felt after the April 24th, 2012 Google update aka ‘Penguin’. The picture on the right illustrates what this SEO training will address and what most people are not talking about and that is the SEO tactics that were rewarded from this update and will continue to be rewarded.
How Times Have Changed
Over the last 10 years all needed to do to rank your website in Google for a variety of keywords and receive a flood of traffic to your website was some basic keyword research, on-page SEO optimization, and then buy a couple of backlinking packages. You could simply hire any “SEO consultant,” have them do a little on-page SEO and order you some “backlink packages,” and given 3-6 months you could expect to rank high in Google 9 times out of 10. That’s no longer the case. Rather it is now possible that these “SEO consultants” and old tactics could lead your website into a huge penalty from Google and you could potentially LOSE ALL of your keyword rankings and traffic from Google forever. Read the wall street journal articles above if you don’t believe me.
What Can We Do Now to Optimize Our Websites?
To quote a great SEO Moz conference speaker Wil Reynolds (watch the presentation here) about the new type of SEO tactics that are needed to rank in Google post the Penguin and Panda updates… you now need to do “Real Company Sh*t!” The reasons for these changes are simple. Google wants to serve it searchers with the most relevant results and has for years employed the smartest people in the world to work on their search algorithm to achieve these goals. The algorithm is now able to pick on this “Real Company Sh*t” and reward it while at the same time penalizing cheap short cut SEO tactics driven largely by automated software.
SEO Training – How to Rank High in Google Post Penguin & Panda
Who am I and Why Should You Believe Me
Now you may be wondering… How can James Dreesen provide SEO training and teach me how to rank high in Google when we all know information about Google’s search algorithm and ranking factors are not publicly available and only a select few (if any) Google employees even know the entire make up of the algorithm. Well there a few reasons:
1) My Experience – I’ve own a number of my own sites, I manage multiple client sites, have studied and analyzed countless search markets mainly for medical practices and have been testing SEO tactics for a number of years.
2) Controlled Studies – As an SEO nut I read all the information that is put out by my friends in the industry. Specifically the controlled studies that they perform and then publish or share with me on a one on one basis which is based on statistical data from the websites they own.
3) Google’s Patents – By following the search technology Google is patenting like their PigeonRank™ technology. This information essentially can tell us what ranking signals are important or will be important in the future.
4) What Google Says Publicly – Google wants to serve their searchers with “High Quality, Relevant Information” as per their Webmaster Guidelines. At the same time they are a public company that has pressure to make money for their shareholders. Therefore what they say publicly needs to be taken with a grain of salt. Especially considering their 2012 Q3 early earnings release debacle (read the techcrunch article here).
5) What’s Come from Google Privately – Information released by former Google employees al la the Andre Weyher interview where he says “forget about seo”. Also Google’s secret 100+ page ‘Search Quality Rating Guidelines’ document which essentially spells out what they want their employees who manually review websites to look for. This document is no longer available online but everyone in the industry downloaded it and read it. You can learn more about it here.
“Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” ~Thomas A. Edison
Led by Google’s Penguin and Panda updates there has no doubt been a major shift and up rising in the SEO world. These updates may or may not have divested your medical practice and/or website. Regardless there has simply never been a better time to rise up in Google and still receive a flood of free traffic consistently every month. Why now? Because your competitors are either sitting around licking their wounds and wondering why their website got penalize or they are still employing the old tactics which will inevitably lead their website into a penalty. So now is your time! Now is your time to get educated and get on a path to getting more visible and actually found in the search rankings!
Please note, this SEO training is in no way is a step by step guide. I could never provide enough content and details in a series of blog posts (even though this training is over 10k words long).